Throughout the course of the HELICOVAXOR® project, members of the consortium have continued to raise awareness of the potential for an oral, adjuvanted Helicobacter pylori vaccine through presentations and publications at international conferences and in scientific journals. A list of publications is provided below:
- Holmgren J, Svennerholm AM. ”Vaccines against mucosal infections”. Curr Opin Immunol. 2013 Jun;24(3):343-53.
- Sjökvist Ottsjö L, Flach CF, Clements J, Holmgren J, Raghavan S. ”A double mutant heat-labile toxin from Escherichia coli, LT(R192G/L211A), is an effective mucosal adjuvant for vaccination against Helicobacter pylori infection”. Infect Immun. 2013 May;81(5):1532-40.
- Sjökvist Ottsjö L: ” The role of IL-17A and IFNγ in vaccine-induced protection against Helicobacter pylori ” . Thesis, Univ of Gothenburg, 2014.
- Sjökvist Ottsjö L, Flach CF, Nilsson S, Malefyt Rde W, Walduck AK, Raghavan S. ”Defining the Roles of IFN-γ and IL-17A in Inflammation and Protection against Helicobacter pylori Infection.” PLoS One. 2015 Jul 13;10(7):e0131444.
- Walduck A, Andersen LP, Raghavan S. ”Inflammation, Immunity, and Vaccines for Helicobacter pylori Infection”. Helicobacter. 2015 Sep;20 Suppl 1:17-25. doi: 10.1111/hel.12252. Review.
- Czerkinsky C, Holmgren J. ”Vaccines against enteric infections for the developing world”.Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2015 Jun 19;370(1671).
- Sukanya Raghavan, Jan Holmgren, Ann-Mari Svennerholm: ”Helicobacter pylori Infection of the Gastric Mucosa”, In ”Mucosal Immunology”, 4th ed. (ed. J. Mestecky et al.), 985-1002, Elsevier 2015.
- Sukanya Raghavan and Marianne Quiding-Järbrink. Vaccination against Helicobacter pylori. Chapter 25 in “Helicobacter pylori Research: From Bench to Bedside”. Springer Publishers 2015. (Ed. Steffen Backert and Yoshio Yamaoka).
- Jan Holmgren, Myron M. Levine. “Vaccines against Bacterial Enteric Infections”. In ”Mucosal Immunology”, 4th ed. (ed. J. Mestecky et al.), 1047-1082, Elsevier 2015.
- Michael Lebens*, Manuela Terrinoni, Stefan L Karlsson, Maximilian Larena, Tobias Hedberg , Susanne Källgård, Erik Nygren & Jan Holmgren. ”Construction and preclinical evaluation of mmCT, a novel mutant cholera toxin adjuvant that can be efficiently produced in genetically manipulated Vibrio cholerae.” Vaccine, in press, 2016.
- Louise Sjökvist Ottsjö, Alexander Wenzel, Chris Dagher, Rene de Waal Malefyt, Anna. K Walduck and Sukanya Raghavan. Vaccine-induced mucosal IL-17A and IFNg responses and protection against Helicobacter pylori infection in mice lacking IL-1R1 or IL-23
- Joshua Tobias, Stefan Karlsson, Margareta Blomquist, Frida Jeverstam, Sukanya Raghavan and Jan Holmgren. Further development of a mucosal whole cell vaccine against Helicobacter pylori containing the mutant non-toxic cholera toxin adjuvant .
- J. Holmgren, N. Lycke and S. Raghavan: ”Helicobacter pylori vaccine development project” , Presentation to potential investors in biopharma at conference organized by GU Holding, Gothenburg, March 2013.
- J. Holmgren: ”Vaccine Research — From cholera to vaccines against allergy and atherosclerosis”. Presentation for University of Gothenburg Medical Professors Colloqium, April 2013.
- Jan Holmgren et al. : “Multiple mutated cholera toxin (mmCT) : A novel promising 3rd generation mucosal adjuvant”. Presentation at EU-ADITEC annual meeting, Brussels Oct. 2014.
- J. Holmgren: ”Mucosal vaccines and adjuvants: What have we learnt and what remains” – Wrap-up lecture at MUCOVAD 2013 Conference, Copenhagen 25-27 Sept., 2013,
- J. Holmgren: ”Mucosal vaccines and Germinal Centers: Challenges for Translational Medicine”. Keynote lecture at 16th Int Germinal Center Conference, Uddevalla, Sweden June 2015.
- J. Holmgren: ”Gastrointestinal infections, the intestinal immune system and oral-mucosal vaccines”. Prize-winner´s lecture to the Gothenburg Medical Society & Sahlgrenska Academy , June 2015.
- Jan Holmgren, Maximilian Larena, M Lebens, A Lundgren & M Terranoni: ‘Enteric vaccines adjuvants: Overview and mechanism of action of enterotoxin-derived adjuvants’. VED-2015 Conference, Edinburgh July 2015.
- Sukanya Raghavan: Vaccine development against Helicobacter pylori. Invited speaker- Department of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, India. December 2015
- Sukanya Raghavan: The role of immune cells and cytokines in vaccine-induced protection against Helicobacter pylori infection. Annual meeting of the Helicobacter pylori interest group, Melbourne Australia. November 2015 (organizers: Sukanya Raghavan and Anna K Walduck).
- Sukanya Raghavan: The role of IL-17A and IFNg in vaccine-induced protection against Helicobacter pylori. Invited speaker in the seminar series- Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia. November 2015
- Sukanya Raghavan: Immune cells and cytokines in vaccine-induced protection against gastric Helicobacter pylori. Invited speaker in seminar series- Lundberg Laboratories for Diabetes Research, Sahlgrenska University hospital. September 2015
- Sukanya Raghavan: Mechanisms of vaccine-induced protection against Helicobacter pylori. Invited speaker in seminar series- Department of Rheumatology and inflammation research, UG, February 2015.
- Sukanya Raghavan: The role of IL-17A and IFN-gamma in vaccine-induced protection against Helicobacter pylori. Invited speaker in seminar series- Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umeå University December 2014.
- Sukanya Raghavan: The role of IL-17A and IFNg in vaccine-induced protection against Helicobacter pylori. Oral presentation – Cytokines Down Under Annual meeting of the International Cytokine and Interferon Society, Melbourne, Australia, October 26-29 2014.
- Sukanya Raghavan: Mechanisms of vaccine-induced protection against Helicobacter pylori infection: Lessons learnt from the mouse model. Invited speaker- 11th International workshop on pathogenesis and host response in Helicobacter infections, June 2014, Helsingor, Denmark
- Craig McEntee, A novel adjuvanted controlled delivery system for oral vaccination against Helicobacter pylori infection. Oral presentation. European Helicobacter and Microbiota Study Group, XXIIIth International Workshop on Helicobacter and Microbiota in inflammation and Cancer, Nicosia, Cyprus. 24-25 September 2015.